Jun 1, 2009

YetiStomper Picks: Books for June


I'm somewhat of a shameless bibliophile so I tend to accumulate books at a faster pace than I can read them. Here's what I'm looking to buy this month.

Warbreaker - Brandon Sanderson
The Strain: Book One of The Strain Trilogy - Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan
The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Sixth Annual Collection - Gardner Dozois (Editor)
Green - Jay Lake
The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The New Space Opera 2 - Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan(Editors)
Daemons are Forever (Secret Histories, Book 2)
- Simon R. Green
Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 2) - Christie Golden

Omen is Book 2 of 9 in the Fate of the Jedi series. Book 1, Exile, was decent and while not a lot happened, it looks like Del Rey may have ironed out some of the issues that plagued the previous Legacy of the Force series. Christie Golden wrote this one so I’m not sure what to expect. She has done a lot of media tie-in novels in the past (Warcraft, Star Trek, Star Craft) but this is her first SW novel. We got some vague hints into the overarching plot in Outcast but not a whole lot so I am hoping things will start to heat up in Omen. Also, the cover art is freaking gorgeous. I love the direction they’ve taken with the FotJ covers. It really distinguishes them as a series in the sea of other SW books.

Bottom Line: Must-read for a Star Wars junkie like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...