Jun 23, 2009

Let's Try a Meme: Blogs that are doing it right.


I though with the discussion about blogs that are mailing it in floating around lately, it might be interesting to stay positive and focus on those blogs out there that are putting out quality content.

The rules are simple, link a blog you enjoy, admire, or one that does something better than everyone else out there. If you get tagged, copy the list in a post on your own blog, pick one of your favorite blogs to add to the list, and then notify them that they've been tagged.

With all of the crap out there, who do you recommend?

1. Fantasy Book Critic - Among other things, they do the best monthly genre round-up I've found on the Internet. I can't count the number of books/authors I've picked up becaue of FBC.

2. OF Blog of the Fallen - From Liviu at FBC - "Of course Larry's blog is number one favorite even when disagreeing with its contents. Lots of "different" books talked about is the main reason. I found quite a few gems from Of Blog of the Fallen

So how about it FantasyBookCritic? Who do you recommend?

Update: Fantasy Book Critic weighed in with their recommendation and tags Blog of the Fallen. I've updated the list accordingly but I hope that the tagged blogs will continue the meme on their own sites so more people can follow the recommendations for the upper echelon of blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Of course Larry's blog is number one favorite even when disagreeing with its contents.

    Lots of "different" books talked about is the main reason. I found quite a few gems from Of Blog of the Fallen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing it right, Yeti! Keep it up!

    Also thanks for pointing me to Words in a Satin Bag. I like his style, too.

    What we really need is more blogs that stand up for good f&sf without kowtowing to the forces of political correctness. SoY qualifies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...